Welcome to my media kit page. I wrote this fantasy trilogy, The Star-Seer’s Prophecy, to share a powerful story of healing, recovery, and transformation. In an ancient world of blood sorcery and ritual magic, the protagonist, Kyr, struggles with the difficult and intertwined blessings of suffering and healing, evil and redemption, betrayal and forgiveness.
I’m available for interviews for your radio or television show, or for an article in your magazine or newspaper, website, or blog. This trilogy contains all the elements that make for a great interview or article. Contact me here.
Here is my interview with Naomi Rose, an award-winning Book Developer, and my publisher.
Images For Download
- When hurt or betrayed, should we seek punishment and vengeance or healing and forgiveness?
- What is the true nature and purpose of forgiveness? To absolve our enemy or to free ourselves?
- Are there different types of courage? There’s the courage to battle evil of the typical hero of so many books, movies, and TV shows. However, in The Star-Seer’s Prophecy, the hero, Kyr, has to find the courage to face the pain he has inflicted and endured; and to take the hard path toward forgiveness, healing and transformation, rather than giving in to hatred or despair.
- Dark Innocence (Book 1) explores the themes of remorse, recovery, and forgiveness.
- Can someone (a dark innocent) who has unwittingly caused great suffering to others be forgiven, or must he be punished forever?
- Can he forgive himself, once he realizes what he has done?
- How can someone who has known only suffering and evil become loving, kind and courageous?
- Fierce Blessings (Book 2) deepens the exploration of forgiveness and mercy.
- How can someone forgive deliberate and vicious torment? And why should they?
- Do we forgive to be kind to those who have hurt us? Or is forgiveness a way to protect our own souls from bitterness?
- What is the true nature of mercy? Is it always kind and gentle, or can it be a fierce blessing?
- Perilous Bliss (Book 3) explores the issues of fate versus choice, identity versus freedom.
- What does someone do if he believes he is “born evil” and has been rejected by the Divine?
- Are we puppets of our childhood traumas or can we choose who we become?
- Do we have to cling to our wounds, or can we free ourselves from the past?
- Readers say that the book takes them on a highly emotional and inspiring journey: “I found myself extremely emotionally involved in this deep, soul-searching story.” –Lisa Pottgen
- One reader agreed to be interviewed about how Dark Innocence inspired her to forgive, and deepened her healing process.
A Story that Heals: An Interview with a Survivor by Rahima Warren
In this interview, Tetja Ann Barbee shares how reading my novel, Dark Innocence: Book One of the Star-Seer’s Prophecy, inspired her to forgive, and to deepen her own recovery process: “I could safely start to heal old wounds…And it all happened through the story…”
1. What was it like for you while reading Dark Innocence?
“In the beginning the author Rahima Warren, a licensed, experienced psychotherapist (now retired), makes it clear that there is more to Dark Innocence than just a fantasy fiction tale, and that her purpose is to provide a deep, meaningful, healing and spiritual fantasy story. “Wow, fascinating concept,” I thought, “a therapeutic story written in Tolkien style—MUST READ!”
At first I had little personal connection to the horror of the initial setting of this complex adventure, but I became so drawn to the spectacular story, that my feelings of separation turned to a longing to delve into my own psyche. And the hero Kyr’s tumultuous journey became my own! Through the very descriptive writing–colors, vibrations, sights, sounds—I developed a sense of deeper meaning. I began to feel, hear, see, smell, and taste the experiences of each character vicariously, which in turn, became personally relevant.”
2. What parts of the story resonated most with you?
“The visceral presentation of sex used as a means to control, dictate, and manipulate for the purpose of subjugation is a concept I took personal note of, having survived horrible sexual acts against myself in life. However, later in the book, the sacred sexual healing scenes with Kyr and Jolanya balanced out the earlier abusive ones.
In addition, as a Feminist, I have a deep personal connection with the metaphysical concepts of God, The Goddess, Yin & Yang,…. Dark Innocence gave me a world filled with the presence and practice of Goddess knowledge, the beauty of nature and life; a way to assess my own thoughts of human interactions; and hope for the future.
Another thing that your book has really done is helped tie in many years of good therapy with my personal faiths and connections to the Universal forces of masculine and feminine (yin and yang) via a fantastic and compelling fantasy story that I could both enjoy, and use as guidance through suffering.”
3. How did reading the story affect you?
“I put the book down twice with an initial reaction to the nightmarish evil the characters were facing, but it beckoned me because the story is written so well, and I decided to continue on the notion it was going to be an enjoyable reading experience rather than a personally relevant one meant to heal. I trudged on through the darkness seeking light in the story along with the characters, and amazing things began to happen in my mind. A mood began to set, deeply and passionately. When that happened, I could not put the book back down until I finished it!”
4. Did reading this story help you heal in any way? If so, how?
“By living vicariously through the characters in a safe, fun, and captivating manner, I began to relate to my own dark and deep feelings. I found I could safely start to heal old wounds, and question things about my own beliefs. And it all happened through the story’s presentation of terrible suffering, acceptance, and growth, as opposed to having to analyze myself. I cried and laughed a lot, and consciously decided that if these characters can face such horrendous pain and evil, and come out to a place of lightness and beauty and love, so can I. As a result, I have been able to forgive someone with whom I was very angry for a long time, for injuring me in a car accident. I have committed myself to deepen my recovery process. And I’m enjoying the effects of personal realizations about my own path in life and where I want to go.”
Thank you for sharing your experience so openly, Tetja.
“Rahima, I want to thank you for having such a keen sense of a person’s suffering and the hurdles one can face while dealing with it… and for helping me jump the first hurdle!”
(For an update from Tetja about the lasting effects of reading my books, and more information on the healing possible from reading them, visit https://starseersprophecy.com/healing-through-books/ )
Rahima Warren is the author of The Star-Seer’s Prophecy trilogy, a deep, compelling fantasy of the healing journey. A retired psychotherapist with over 30 years’ professional training and experience, she draws her vivid storytelling from her own healing journey and spiritual practice, as well as from her work guiding others toward wholeness. Through this work, she gained an intuitive understanding of the universal human experiences of wounding, healing, and transformation–the source and theme of her trilogy. She writes with wisdom, compassion, and emotional and spiritual authenticity / hopes this archetypal story will support and inspire you for your own journey on the “hard path” toward healing, forgiveness, and freedom.
Rahima Warren shares her transformative art on her site, Soulplay.com.
About the Books
Dark Innocence, Book 1 in The Star-Seer’s Prophecy:
The Soul-Drinker banished the land’s rightful Goddess and has been draining the lifeblood from the people and the land itself for generations. The Star-Seer’s Prophecy foretells that now the long-awaited Liberator has appeared. But the only hope for salvation turns out to be Kyr, one of the Soul-Drinker’s blindly obedient slaves. Can the Prophecy be wrong? How can a slave who knows only pain, evil, and cruelty end his master’s horrific reign, and restore the Goddess to Her land?
Fierce Blessings, Book 2 of The Star-Seer’s Prophecy:
No longer the dark innocent, Kyr has survived the first hell of the Star-Seer’s Prophecy, and become a man of compassion, courage, and integrity. Torn from the sacred beauty of the Sanctuary by his worst enemy, Kyr now faces the second hell of the Prophecy. Far from any help, he struggles to protect his soul from the seductive pull of all-too-familiar depravity. Will Kyr be able to keep faith with the Goddess Who saved his soul in time to renew the Sacred Balance and restore Her sovereignty? Or will he return to the foul slavery he has known most of his life? The fate of the land and the Goddess Herself depends on his choice.
Perilous Bliss, Book 3 of The Star-Seer’s Prophecy:
Confronted by dark revelations and heart-wrenching betrayals, Kyr plunges into the third hell of the Prophecy. Alienated from his friends, himself, and, worst of all, his beloved Goddess, he flees to a mysterious tower for the solitude that is all he can bear. There, Kyr faces a fateful choice. Will he succumb to rage and despair, and shatter from the intense hallowing the Goddess requires? Or will he return to the hard path, and keep his promise to become Her Vessel? And will She grant him the passion, peace, and love She promised him? – Forthcoming January 2018